photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday Tip: Homemade Coffee Creamer

While I LOVE to indulge on sinful meals here and there, I really try not to eat a lot of processed foods. And if I do, I try to buy pre-packaged goods from healthy grocers like Trader Joe's, Sprouts, or Whole Foods, as well as reading the nutrition facts on the back. Knowledge is power people! So needless to say, grocery trips are usually done solo, because it's like a library to me. Reading, analyzing, and comparing products. It's like a game show. Remember Supermarket Sweep? It's like that, but instead of trying to fill my cart with the most expensive items, I am trying to fill my cart with the healthiest items at a minimal cost.

One thing I never really thought about was coffee creamer. And after looking at the back and seeing over a dozen chemicals that I could barely pronounce I decided there had to be a healthier way. And there is! By simply mixing 2 ingredients together (or 3 if you want a flavor), you have a healthy and great-tasting creamer that you can actually pronounce.

Homemade Coffee Creamer:
  • 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 small can sweetened condensed milk
Optional add-ins to add flavor like 2 tsp. vanilla extract, cocoa powder, cinnamon, almond extract, the list goes on and on!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post Rhea!! Your picture made me laugh, haha. I've never thought about making my own creamer; it's much easier than I would've thought! Definitely gonna try this with some cinnamon! Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014