photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thai Chicken Sliders with Sriracha Yogurt Sauce


You know when there are just some things in this life that you are no good at? Take me for example. I am terrible at putting my clothes away after they are done out of the dryer. Don't get me wrong, I will take them out while they are still warm and separate them by clothing type, lay them out if they need to be hung, and fold them accordingly. But then, they just wait. They get spread all over the bed, and then it's time to go to sleep, so I move them to the floor, where they impend their infinite doom to never see the closet again. Then eventually a week later when I run another load of laundry I think, okay, when I'm done with this load, I'll put them all away together, and the cycle begins again. I'm really terrible at laundry. 

Something that I'm really good at? Making and devouring these sliders. Oh yeah. I'm really good at that. My favorite flavor that shines through these is the ginger. It gives it just the right fresh kick and the greek yogurt sauce is slightly spicy in the front and then cools down the palate. These are a great thing ti make if you have gone paleo, or just want to try eating "protein-style" and kick the bread to the curb tonight. If you saw my instagram yesterday then you will see that I got a day ahead of myself and posted these, thinking that this post was actually published... well it wasn't, so here it is for a second time!

Thai Chicken Sliders with Sriracha Yogurt Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 2 tbsp. tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
  • 2 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp. coconut oil
  • 4-6 butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1-2 tsp. sriracha, depending on how much heat you prefer

In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt and the sriracha. Place in fridge until ready to use. 

In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, garlic, lime juice, tamari, shallot, cilantro, ginger, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Just mix until combined, do not over mix or you risk dense and dry sliders.

Form the chicken mixture into 4-6 about 1/2-inch thick slider patties, depending on how big or small you want them. In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat and add the sliders into the hot oil. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. 

Place each cooked slider on top of a butter lettuce leaf. top with a dollop of sriracha yogurt sauce and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014