photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, May 12, 2014

Italian Chicken & Kale Sandwiches


One of the things that I love to do with my Dad every year is go to a car shows/auction. I know, it's totally not my scene, but it's nice to spend some quality time with my dad, The Cowboy as he's known in my circle of family and friends, and learn about things that he is passionate about. Like cars. And along with the rows and rows of cars, comes beers, and lunch. The last car show we went to, I brought my then newly-dating boyfriend to join us for a day of father-daughter-boyfriend bonding. And for lunch we grabbed some amazing Italian chicken sandwiches with tomatoes and artichokes and greens. This is my ode to the ever popular car show, the shredded chicken sandwich, and the day that my Dad welcomed my now-live-in-boyfriend into the "circle of trust". 

Italian Chicken & Kale Sandwiches

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 cups homemade tomato sauce
  • 1 cup kale, chopped
  • 2 kaiser rolls
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese
In a large pot, add the tomato sauce and the chicken breasts. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 hours, allowing the chicken to cook and become fork tender. 

After 2 hours, remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot with the tomato sauce and add in the chopped kale. Stir and cook another 30 minutes. 

Split the rolls in half and toast in the toaster. Top each roll with the chicken mixture, top with cheese and finish with the other half of the roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014