Chicken Fajita Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha (or hot sauce of your liking)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 batch homemade guacamole
- 4 kaiser rolls, halved
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese (optional)
Preheat grill to high. Grill burgers cooking 5 minutes on one side, then flipping and cooking for another 5 minutes. Remove burgers from grill and allow to rest for a couple of minutes. If you are using cheese, add the cheese onto the tops of the burgers during the last minute of cooking.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add in the sliced onion and bell peppers. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until the veggies are softened.
While grill is still hot, add halved burger buns to hot grill and allow them to toast for a minute or two.
To serve, place a chicken burger onto each bun bottom, top with a large dollop of guac, and the sautéed veggies.