photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles


Yup. It's official. I can't stop cooking with pumpkin. And there's about 5 more cans in my cupboard just waiting to be ripped open and devoured. After having pumpkin yogurt
before my morning run the other day, I came home and decided to use up the remaining pumpkin in my fridge to make ready-to-eat waffles. I can easily pop one out of the freezer, toast it, top it with peanut butter, and be on my way! Plus, they're whole wheat, and I even snuck in some flax seeds, so I don't feel so bad about eating breakfast that tastes like pie.

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups almond milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup pureed canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp. coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Preheat your waffle iron.

In a large bowl, combine milk, egg, pumpkin, vanilla, coconut oil, and brown sugar. Whisk together.

Pour in the remaining dry ingredients to the wet and slowly incorporate them together. Once combine, spray the waffle iron maker with non-stick cooking spray.

Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the waffle iron. Close and let cook until crisp and golden brown. I let mine cool to room temperature and then freeze them for easy on the go breakfast. But you can easily serve them piping hot off of the waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014