photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Peanut Butter Brownie Energy Bites


Always on the go. Packing multiple meals to eat throughout your day. Don't want to spend $$$ at the vending machine only to sugar crash 30 minutes later. Does this sound like you? I've got a great solution and something that I like to do on Sunday's to keep my household somewhat healthier and fuller throughout our work week. We make energy bites! I personally like making my own version of Lara Bars (see here and here), but this week I thought I would make something for the hubby. My own peanut butter cup version of energy bites. With only 5 ingredients, and about 5 minutes prep time, there's no reason you can't do this too!



Peanut Butter Brownie Energy Bites

Ingredients:

  • 12 pitted medjool dates
  • 2 tbsp. organic creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup almonds
  • 1 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. organic honey
Add all ingredients to a food processor and whirl until the mixture comes together and sticks together when you press your finger into the mixture. Add a tsp. water if it seems a little too dry in there.

Form the mixture into balls and keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes about 12-15 balls, depending on the size you prefer. Will keep for up to 1 week.

1 comment:

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014