photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, July 13, 2015

HDBF Road Trip to Page, Arizona: Horsehoe Bend & Antelope Canyon

I have been getting lots of questions about my recent trip to Antelope Canyon, so I thought I would share with you all my adventure and some added tips if you decide to see it for yourself!

Having a mid-week day off of work is sometimes nice because that's when I can go to the grocery store without having someone run into the back of my ankles with their cart, or I can be the 1st one in to the doctor's office before they begin to run an hour behind (what's up with that Doc?). But also, sometimes you can get a group of girlfriends together and take a road trip up to check some sights off of our summer bucket-lists. I have been itching to make my way up to Page, Arizona (about 4 1/2 hours north of Phoenix) for quite some time now after spotting an image of Antelope Canyon at a local art show years and years ago. I didn't even know it was in Arizona at the time, but once I found out, I couldn't stop thinking about it. And when a girlfriend of mine mentioned that Horseshoe Bend was only a 10-minute drive away, I knew we had our route mapped out for us. So the 3 of us packed up some road trip snacks, lots of water, and hit the road. First stop, Horseshoe Bend, with a little under a 1-mile "hike", quick up and down a large sandy hill, you come to the bend, where there are a lotof awesome selfie-stick opportunities and ample views to soak in the scenery. Then we headed down the road to Antelope Canyon, where we did a little over an hour tour of the lower canyon (will run you $28 a person; $8 for the Navajo fee and $20 for the tour itself). Tours leave every 20 minutes, and it helps to have made a reservations ahead of time. I would love to describe this experience to you all, but there are honestly no words to be able to do it justice. Not even my photos can truly capture how awe-inspiring the canyon was. So I just suggest you make the trip out and see for yourself. One word to the wise, be sure to check the weather beforehand, for if there is any rain, or even on a very cloudy day, they will shut the canyon down. I was so happy to have spent the day checking out something that most people will only ever see on their computer screen savers, and look forward to making my way back out one day to check out the upper canyon as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014