photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Rhubarb Sorbet


Last week I happily you my simple rhubarb crisp for two, and I am following that up with this encore dessert, rhubarb sorbet. I've been a homemade ice cream fanatic since I bought my stand mixer attachment. But this was my first try and sorbet, and I gotta tell ya, I'm impressed. No cream, no eggs, actually a very simple list of ingredients, and maximum flavor to boot. It is so light and refreshing, perfect for a warm spring day on the patio. Maybe get a little adventurous and serve it with some prosecco or champagne for a little boozy "float", or keep it kid friendly as is or with a little whipped cream. The choice is yours! 

  
Rhubarb Sorbet

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups chopped rhubarb
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
In a medium sauce pot, add the rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the sugars and lemon juice. Stir until the sugars have completely dissolved and pour the mixture into a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.

Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a separate bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon to get almost all of the mixture through. Place the bowl of rhubarb puree into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.


When ready to make the sorbet, pour your mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the directions until thickened. Place in the freezer until ready to serve. The hardened sorbet may be hard to scoop, so remove form the freezer for 10-15 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014