Almost Vegetarian Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked according to boxed directions
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey sausage (optional)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, chopped**
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, chopped**
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded gouda
Mix together the marinara sauce and the sausage (if using). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., while you prep the lasagna.
Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and place 1/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the pan to keep the noodles from sticking.
Lay down 3 noodles in the bottom of the pan, covering the whole surface. Top with 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the sauteed kale, 1/3 of the chopped peppers, 1/3 of the mozzarella, and 1/3 of the gouda. Repeat these layers 2 more times, having 3 layers of noodles, sauce, veggies, and cheese when you are done.
Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes, remove the foil and finish baking uncovered for the last 5 minutes.
Allow the lasagna to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
** To roast the peppers, heat grill to high, or oven to 450 degrees. Cook the peppers, tossing occasionally until all of the skin has been charred black. Remove from the heat and place into a seal-able zip lock bag. Let them rest in the bag for 20 minutes to steam. Remove them from the bag and peel off the charred skin. This will leave you with beautifully roasted veggies.