photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pineapple Sriracha BBQ Sauce


With Memorial Day weekend behind us, we are full-fledged into the summer season. For me, this means going from my air-conditioned house, to my air-conditioned car, to my air-conditioned office, and back again.  These 100+ temps in AZ are no joke, so we do what we can to battle the heat. One place I do not avoid heat is in my kitchen. I love ordering pad thai from our favorite take-out restaurant, because they always ask us what heat index we want, and for Andrew it's around the 3 range (sorry for the call out!) , and for me it's a 9-10, every time. I've probably burnt my taste buds at this point, and that's why I just keep spicing everything up, because I need to feel the heat. But I don't care. That's why I made this BBQ sauce. It's hot, but the pineapple cools down the palate. Making it consumable by both 3 and 10 lovers on the heat scale.

Pineapple Sriracha BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup bbq sauce
  • 1 tbsp. sriracha
  • 1 lime, juiced
Add the coconut oil to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the chopped pineapple and garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in the bbq sauce, sriracha, and lime juice, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Carefully pour the mixture into a blender or food processor. Caution: mixture will be hot so handle with care! Blend until smooth, and keep in an airtight container for up 1 week. Use it as a marinade or dipping sauce. Grilled chicken, burgers, and onion rings come to mind first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014