photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, November 27, 2014

What I'm Thankful For

It's Thanksgiving Day. Which to me, means many things. It means I am most likely plopped up on the couch at my parent's house watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with a coffee in one hand and a mimosa in other hand, while my Dad asks for my help in the kitchen, yet barely being able to unglue my eyes from all of the balloons, glitter, and lip-synching pop artists on floats. It means that even though we will be deep frying 2 birds and roasting another in the oven, I will still make room to have an enormous serving of bacon and eggs for breakfast. You're stomach is a muscle, right? Gotta warm it up before the main event. It means that my aunt and uncle will come over around noon with the green bean casserole and the sweet potatoes, traditionally. It means that I get to spend time with my little brother, home for a couple days from the Navy. It means that we will toast to my recently passed uncle, who would always sit quietly at the dinner table just observing all of the chitter-chatter going on, and just laugh and smile. Perfectly content. But this year also means new traditions. New faces at the dinner table. It means that for the first time my boyfriend and I will be spending the day together as one, instead of separately with our individual families. It means that we can all take a moment to appreciate each other. To appreciate life. All of the things that truly matter to us. And so I toast to you all on this day. I wish you the very best Thanksgiving Day, and I challenge you to take a moment of gratitude, and appreciate it. Appreciate the hell out of it all. Because once this day is over, all hell will be breaking loose at the mall, and you will wish you were back on the couch with a coffee and a mimosa, without a care in the world.

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014