photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, October 27, 2014

HDFB Weekend Recap: Boston & Maine

I'm writing this as I sit in the Boston Logan International airport,  waiting for my flight back to Phoenix,  so if this post seems scattered, it's because I probably am.  Since Thursday,  Andrew and I have been out east,  exploring the city of Boston and then made our way up to Maine to witness one of his childhood friends get hitched.  I've never been to either of these new England landmarks,  so I was thrilled to be able to see so much in so little time.  And the food was just unbelievably delicious.  If you follow me on Instagram,  then you got a sneak peak into my weekend diet,  which consisted a of a lot of clam chowder and lobster rolls.  On Friday we ate breakfast at the cutest little bookstore and Cafe,  where Andrew ordered a Monte Cristo sandwich between two slices of French toast.  Sadly we ate it all before a decent picture could be captured,  but I'll just let your imagination take you there.  We also explored the Commons in Boston as well as Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market to grab a quick bite before driving up to Portland,  Maine.  



As if the trip hadn't been fabulous enough already,  Andrew's parents met up with us in Portland and we had dinner at DiMillo's,  which is a floating restaurant on the harbor.  After stuffing myself with clams,  scallops,  haddock, and gulf shrimp,  we headed out for a night in Portland to reunite with all of the wedding party and guests for drinks.  Saturday morning we stopped at the one place I basically planned or entire trip out east for,  The Holy Donut.  Their donuts are made out of real Maine potatoes,  and once they are out of donuts for the day,  they're done.  We arrived around 9am and surprisingly it wasn't too overly crowded,  but the staff was extremely friendly,  and packed us up a box filled with flavors like pumpkin ginger glazed, holy canoli, flaky coconut,  maple bacon, dark chocolate sea salt,  and cinnamon sugar.  




Hands down the best donut I've ever had. No contest.  Saturday night was the wedding,  and I had the pleasure of wearing the most beautiful dress,  provided by Modern Dress,  owned by my sorority sister,  college roommate,  and one of my best friends.  We danced the night away,  took entirely too many photos,  and made memories to last a lifetime.  I can't wait to get back to the east coast,  because a every trip is a new experience,  and I feel so lucky to be able to get back as much as I do. 



This post is not sponsored in any way, but purely based on my experiences at each of these establishments. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fantastic trip! I've never been to the east coast! And I know I told you this before, but I loooove your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED to get your booty to the east coast! My heart will always belong to the west, but there's just something about New England that makes you fall in love with life!

      Delete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014