photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Here it is. My obligatory pumpkin muffin recipe. I know it's the "basic" thing to make this fall, but the reason everyone is talking about pumpkin so much is because it is so damn delicious. I am currently making my way to Boston as we speak, and I can't wait to take in all the autumn-y things like crispy color changing leaves,  fall decor, and to pull out my boots and sweaters that I have been frantically shopping for since I own nothing of the sort. Then tomorrow we are traveling up to Portland, Maine to watch one of Andrew's good friend get married. I plan on packing in as much "fall" as I can in these short 4 days, and if I come across any pumpkin muffins, you better believe I'll be ordering 1 (or 2).


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 can (15-oz.) pumpkin puree
  • 3/4 cup mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips, plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 2 muffin tins with liners or non-stick cooking spray. 

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, banana, and oil.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.

In small batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well between each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips. 

Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014