photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Roasted Corn Salad with Parmesan Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing


Has anyone else been listening to Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" record non-stop since it came out last week? No? Just me? It's the only thing that I want to hear in my ears for the next couple of months. I plug my iPod in my car to hear it, in my kitchen stereo system while I cook, and somehow her bluesy voice even motivates me in the gym. I just can't get enough. I'm sure she's not my boyfriend's ideal music choice, so while he's been gone on his business trip this week, I've been getting an extra fix. Another fix I'm going to need soon is another serving of this salad. I recently saw on a menu a parmesan caesar dressing made with greek yogurt, and right then I knew that I needed to re-create it at home. I included some goat cheese, because everything is better with goat cheese. And the rest is history. Feel free to serve this up with some croutons, or even add some fresh anchovies if that's your kind of thing. 

Roasted Corn Caesar Salad with Greek Yogurt Parmesan Dressing

Salad:
  • 2 ears white or sweet corn, husked
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 head butter or boston lettuce, washed and chopped
  • 1 chicken breast, grilled and chopped (optional, for hungrier diners)
  • shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
  • salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing:
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 tbsp. greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp. dijon or honey mustard
  • 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. goat cheese (secret ingredient)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
In a food processor, add all ingredients for the dressing except for the olive oil and pulse until combined. Then turn on the processor to high and slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until the dressing comes together and has a good consistency. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.

Heat your grill over high and brush the corn ears with olive oil. Grill on all sides for a few minutes until starting to char. Remove form the grill and cute the kernels from the cobb.

In a large bowl toss together the corn, lettuce, optional chicken, salt and pepper. Then add in the caesar dressing and toss again until well combined.

When ready to serve, top each salad with some freshly cracked pepper and some freshly shaved parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014