photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Seven Minute Sweet Heat Salmon


I have recently spent every minute outside of work packing up my life into boxes and slowly moving out of my house that I have inhabited for the past 2 1/2 years. My mattress is currently on the floor. I don't have a dining room, let alone a single chair in sight. And my living room consists of a tv and a couch (too big for me to move while my boyfriend is away on business). This week's dinner theme in my house is what I like to refer to as Rhea vs. The Freezer. I've been known to find great deals at my local grocer, and then save them in the freezer for future consumption. Well, future consumption is now, and the results were delicious! This salmon is absolutely effortless, but in no way skimps on flavor! In just 7 minutes you can have an incredible dinner on the table.


Seven Minute Sweet Heat Salmon

Ingredients:
  • 1 boneless salmon filet, skin on
  • 1 tsp. sweet & spicy seasoning mix (recipe below)
  • 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
Prepare salmon by sprinkling the sweet and spicy seasoning all over the top (pink side). In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon filet to hot oil, pink side down. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip over to the skin side and cook for another 2 minutes, for medium. Salmon should flake with a fork . If you would like your salmon well done, simply add another 1-2 minutes cook time on each side.

Serve with your favorite side dish and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top just before serving.


To make your own sweet & spicy seasoning, mix together the following:
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • pinch of salt and pepper 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014