photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving Fixings

My family is all about tradition. Every year I spend Thanksgiving at my parents house, in the house I grew up in. I wake up fairly early, and while my Dad puts on a pot of coffee, I turn on the TV so we can watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. My mom usually sleeps in, but I always have champagne and orange juice chilling in the fridge upon her descent from bed. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon are usually on the breakfast menu, while the final preparations take place before the "main event". My family always deep fries our turkeys, so you may notice turkey recipes missing from my repertoire. This week my boyfriend and I are having a mini thanksgiving before he goes back home to Connecticut, in which I will try to roast a bird and some new side dishes, but until then I leave you with my favorite Thanksgiving fixings:

Deviled Eggs
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Traditional Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Ultimate Pumpkin Pie
Cranberry Wildberry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014