Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 medium pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup water
Add all ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to medium-low heat, simmering for 15 minutes. The berries will begin to burst and sauce will thicken.
Cool completely and serve. Keeps tight in an airtight refrigerated container for up to a week. Freeze for up to 3 months.