photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice English Muffins


Is anyone out there excited for fall to be over with so they can stop seeing pumpkin everything? Are are you like me, and will most likely go into a pumpkin craving coma? It won't be long before Christmas takes over everything from our radio to the grocery store. So until then I am going to embrace all things fall until every last pumpkin and Halloween clearance item in the store is gone. But let's focus on food, shall we? Everyone is familiar with the classic english muffin. But are you familiar with english muffin bread, spiked with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice? When I saw this on my favorite food blog, I knew that I just HAD to make it. Last time I made englifh muffins, I made the classic rounds, but this loaf results in the same texture, light and airy, complete with a million little holes, just waiting to be toasted and topped with butter. Best of all, I just threw all of the ingredients into my bread maker, hit start, and watched trashy TV until the smell of freshly baked bread took over my house. 

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice English Muffins

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/8 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tbsp. agave nectar
  • 3/4 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. pureed pumpkin
  • 1 cup warm milk (120-130 degrees)
  • 1/4 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
Add all of the above ingredients in to your bread maker in the order according the operating guidelines. Follow the rest of the instructions for baking. Enjoy!

If you do not have a bread machine, follow the instructions on How Sweet It Is to make this bread by hand. **Note, How Sweet's recipe makes 2 loaves, my recipe makes 1 loaf.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014