photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

East Coast Travels

As some of you may know, I just recently got back from a short trip to Madison, Connecticut to visit my boyfriend's family and friends. I have only been to 2 states east of the Mississippi, so this was very exciting for me to double my travels by exploring both states of Connecticut and Rhode Island.

Along the way I had some amazing food accompanied by even more amazing company. Andrew's mom welcomed us with open arms as well as with two batches of homemade cookies and two pies. She sure knows the way to her son's heart!

The weather was absolutely beautiful, with plenty of sunny, breezy days, perfect for spending on the beach, which is exactly what we did! We even got a glimpse of Taylor Swift's mansion on Watch Hill:



Not even a little but of rain on Thursday could bring me down as we walked the streets of their town hand in hand getting soaked by the storm. But once the clouds cleared we were blessed with great weather for the remainder of the trip. We even took a long bike ride down to the beach and through town so Andrew could show me all the memories he had made growing up there.

We had the pleasure of feasting on swordfish steaks, grilled chicken and pasta, seared scallops, and my personal favorite; LOBSTER ROLLS! We stopped by an awesome seafood restaurant in Noank, CT called Abbott's, which served up amazingly fresh and tasty fish. While Andrew and his dad opted for the lobster dinners, the ladies went for the 1/4 lb. lobster rolls. And these things weren't compromised with mayo or extra filling, this was 1/4 lb. of pure lobster meat. YUM.



I basically just wanted to share some pictures with you all and to brag about my travels. I love being able to go back and remember where I was in life as I write this blog! All I know is I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014