photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, August 26, 2013

Mango Guacamole


Attention! It's here! What we've all been waiting for! It's mango season! (Is that enough exclamation points for you?) Either way, it's mango season. The hard to peel, hard to cut (but so worth it) amazingly juicy and deliciously sweet fruit is here and I am finding every reason to use it. I recently included bites of mango in my chicken chile mango quesadillas, and today I add mango to my guacamole! Serve on the side of my shredded beef tacos, or just enjoy for a sweet and salty afternoon snack!

PS... don't forget to follow me on instagram here: hotdogfoodblog
And like my facebook page here: Hot Dog Food Blog fan page


Thanks to my amazing boyfriend for helping display the guac for me!

Mango Guacamole

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1/3 cup mango, chopped
  • 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeno, seeded on chopped (or leave the seeds in for more heat)
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
  • pinch black pepper
  • juice of 1 lime
  • handful of cilantro, chopped
Combine the avocado, tomato, jalapeno, onion, mango, and the cilantro in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice. Then mix and mash until you reach your desired consistency. I normally prefer a smooth and creamy guac, but this time I left it chunky, and it was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014