photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, July 13, 2012

Breakfast Potato Hash

I opened up the fridge this morning and came to find what seemed to be a thousand condiments, but it was about as empty as the ski lodge on an Arizona summer day when it came to actual consummable food. No eggs, no toast, no yogurt, nada. But what I did find was a 1/4 bell pepper, a jalapeno, a potato, some leftover corn, green onions, and some cilantro. And can I just tell you that this was a perfect mixture for a breakfast hash for me and my roommate, since she was running out the door and I cooked way too much food! My head always seems to be bigger than my stomach.


Potato Hash


Ingredients:


  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 russet potato, cut into 1/4 inch squares
  • 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 spoonfuls of corn
  • 1/2 jalapeno, minced (less if you don't like the heat)
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a medium skillet on medium-high heat, and add olive oil. 

Once it is hot, add potato but do not stir for first couple of minutes. Let them start to get golden brown as they are. 

After about 3 minutes add the bell pepper, corn, jalapeno, and green onion. Mix well with a spatula, letting everything brown together, about 10 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with salsa or hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014