Bethenny's Tri-Color Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti or linguini
- 1 lb. peeled, de veined shrimp (tail off)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 5 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mixed frozen veggies (ex: edamame, broccoli, green beans, asparagus)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Boil water and cook linguini.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 3 minutes. Add crushed red pepper. Once onions are soft, add sundried tomatoes, shrimp, frozen veggies, and white wine. Mix well, and saute until shrimp are almost all pink (about 3 minutes).
Add pasta, spinach, and 1/2 cup pasta water if sauce is looking too thick. Once mixed well, add in fresh herbs and parmesan.
This served my family of 4 just perfectly. You can of course make extra and have leftovers for lunch the next day, or maybe have seconds in the same night. Trust me, you won't feel one tiny bit of guilt.