photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, May 16, 2011

Zucchini Bread

The people in my neighborhood love growing their own fruits, veggies, herbs, etc., which I love, because I get given any extra unwanted produce! The other day I came across a foot long zucchini weighing about 3 pounds, so I decided to make some famous Sommer zucchini bread from my family cook book. The recipe makes 2 loaves, but don't worry because even they won't last long!

Aunt Janice's Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup oil
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chipped nuts

Beat the eggs until fluffy, add sugar, vanilla, and oil. Add zucchini. Sift dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

This recipe is fool proof, and comes out moist and sweet every single time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014