photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Twist on the Old Burger

It's no secret that I dislike cheese. Actually, dislike is being modest; I LOATHE cheese. I don't like its taste, its smell, and I especially dislike its texture. But over the past year I have grown to LOVE goat cheese. Something about the creaminess of frosting, but the tang of greek yogurt makes this one of my top 3 food choices. In New York City, we visited The Cafeteria (famous for its cameo in Sex and the City) where I ordered a goat cheese burger at 4 am. Can I just say that this burger was mouth watering. Maybe it was the several drinks I had had earlier in the night, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING could better top this burger than a big slab of goat cheese. So on the menu tonight in my household? A twist on the old hamburger.

Rustic Burger


Ingredients:

  • 4 Hamburger patties
  • 4 Hamburger buns
  • 4 oz. goat cheese
  • 12 fresh basil leaves
  • Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
Heat grill to medium high heat. Cook burgers to desired temperature. As burgers are finishing up, toast buns.

Place 3 basil leaves, sprinkle sun dried tomatoes, and 1 oz. goat cheese on each bun. Place patty on goat cheese to melt. Top with bun and serve.

The heat from the burger causes the goat cheese to soften, as well as brings out the flavor of the basil and tomato. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but instead decided to share with my family. Hope you enjoy this new twist on the old burger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014