photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hot Chili Spinach Dip

Last night while spending time with a friend, I got this familiar feeling in my stomach. After a good workout and eating plenty of healthy food for the day, I was craving something salty, greasy, and no good for me. We headed to a local bar and ordered some Spinach Dip. Sadly, I was thoroughly disappointed, so I thought I would share a Spinach Dip recipe that my mom has been making so famously for many years. If only this was the recipe that was delivered to my table. 

Hot Chili Spinach Dip

Ingredients:
  • Large Sheepherder's Bread, empty out insides to make a bowl
  • 1 small can jalepenos
  • 7 oz. diced green chiles
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 tbsp. canola oil
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 10 oz. frozen spinach (squeeze out moisture)
  • 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 2 cups grated monterey cheese
  • 1 cup Half & Half
  • 1 tsp. cumin
Heat saute pan to medium high heat. Cook onion, jalepenos, and chiles in the canola oil. Add tomatoes. Add remaining ingredients until cream cheese melts. Pour mixture into bread bowl, put the bread top back on and wrap in foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

This is perfect for a summer party, liked by kids and adults alike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014