photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rare Rhea's Signature Sirloin

I made plans with a friend earlier in the day to have drinks and watch our guilty pleasure TV show tonight, GLEE, on the comfort of my living room couch. The only thing missing? Wine. I stopped by my local Sprouts Farmer's Market and as I was strolling aimlessly I spotted the perfect individually wrapped sirloin steak. It was easy as 1, 2, 3, and that steak found it's way into my basket and into my mouth for dinner. 

Ingredients:
Round Cut Sirloin Steak
Garlic Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Olive Oil
1 tbsp butter

Heat a cast iron skillet or oven safe pan over high heat on the stove. Meanwhile heat oven to 475 degrees.

Meanwhile, season steak liberally with garlic salt, pepper, and olive oil on both sides. 

Once the skillet is hot place the steak on it and sear for 3 minutes on one side. Flip to the other side and immediately place into oven. Cook for 6 minutes for medium temperature. 

Once you remove the steak from the oven, move the steak over to your serving plate, place butter on top while the meat rests. After 5 minutes of rest (as not to release all of the flavorful juices inside), it is ready for consumption.

This is a great recipe for those who may not have a barbecue, or for those who want a quick fix for scrumptious red meat. Bon Appetit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014