photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocolate Chips Cookies You'll Crave

I'm not a big sweets fan, and it doesn't help that I am slightly allergic to chocolate of any kind (yes, devastating I know). But once in a blue moon I get this insatiable craving for soft, warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies. So at 7 am this morning I got up and made a batch, one cookie for me, and the other 23 are for those who are so lucky to cross my path on this sunny Tuesday in April. So grab a large glass of milk and enjoy a cookie or two....dozen.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (Costco)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon (secret ingredient)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl ( I use a Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer), until smooth.

Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in another bowl. STir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly; take care not to overmix. Lastly stir in the chocolate chips just until mixed.

Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough into the prepared pans. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden, but still soft in the center, 12-14 minutes. Cool and Serve.


It really doesn't get better than this people. they store in an air tight container for up to 5 days, but trust me, they won't last that long. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014