1. Make sure the handle of your saute pan is turned away from you so you don't knock it off the stove.
2. To optimize the juice from a lime or lemon, roll it hard under your palm for a minute before juicing.
3. When making mashed potatoes, after you drain the potatoes return them to the hot pan, cover tightly and let steam for 5 minutes. This allows the potatoes to dry out so they'll mash to e beautiful texture and soak up the butter and cream more easily.
4. When baking, use parchment paper to line your baking sheets. It makes them easier to remove and cleanup a dream.
5. ALWAYS let your meat rest before cutting. This way the juices settle and don't run all over your cutting board.