There are thousands of recipes for guacamole out there, some include mayonnaise, some include every vegetable from your grandmother's garden, and others are simple, fresh, and delicious, like this one. After years of being both a consumer and make of guac, I have perfected the art of avocado art.
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
Combine avocados, 1/2 of lime juice, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Mash with fork just until combined. Add onion, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno. Stir to combine. Add remaining lime juice, let sit in fridge for one hour. Serve with tortilla chips, fresh veggies, or a spoon.