photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Copycat Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs


Remember when I told you that my boyfriend keeps Reese's peanut butter cups in our fridge where the sticks of actual butter are supposed to go? Well this is an homage to my main squeeze and his love for anything and everything chocolate and peanut butter. I even gave him the option to go the healthy route or the unhealthy route when making these (i.e. butter, powdered sugar, and heavy cream) and you know what? He chose the healthy version. Which I was happy for the obvious reasons, but also because there were less ingredients for me to gather (i.e. I didn't have to go to the store). So I proudly present to you, chocolate covered peanut butter eggs. A delectable and healthy Easter treat!


Copycat Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup nut butter (I used my homemade peanut butter)
  • 1/4 cup oat flour
  • 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 tbsp. almond milk

In a food processor blend the nut butter, flour, and maple syrup together until a "dough ball" forms.


Then form the "dough" into 1-inch eggs shapes and place them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Once all eggs have been formed place the sheet into the freezer.


Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and milk over medium low heat until the chocolate melts and become smooth and creamy. Remove "eggs" from freezer and using two forks roll them in the melted chocolate. Place back onto the cookie sheet and back into the freezer to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014