photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Homemade Nut Butter


One ingredient. That's right. This recipe literally calls for one ingredient. I have been doing really well about fitting in my daily workouts, as well as eating multiple smaller meals a day, and lots of veggies like my mom always taught me. After dinner the other night, instead of ice cream or cookies, I was craving peanut butter and an apple...but all I had was the apple and some peanuts, but not peanut butter. I pulled out my food processor, a half of a cup of salted peanuts and in 2 minutes, poof! I had peanut butter. Have a peanut allergy? Feel free to use cashews, almonds, whatever!

Nut Butter

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup salted peanuts


In a food processor, process nuts until the nuts break down and the oils begin to release, creating a paste, about 2 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

Store in an airtight container up to a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014