Maple Balsamic Chuck Roast
- 2.5-3-lb. boneless chuck roast
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 cup vegetable or beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. high heat cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix together the coconut aminos, syrup, vinegar, mustard, broth, garlic, and onion.
Heat oil in ovenproof dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Sear roast for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned all over. Add in the sauce, cover, and place in the oven to roast for 2 1/2-3 hours until the beef is tender and pulls apart with a fork.