Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread Waffles
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 medium squash), excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- butter & syrup for serving
Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
Heat up your waffle maker, spray with non-stick cooking spray (if needed) and add 1/2 cup batter to the hot surface. Cook in batches until all batter has been used.
Serve crispy warm waffles with butter and syrup.
Freeze any leftover waffles and heat up in the toaster to enjoy at a later date.