photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, August 27, 2015

BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese


You guys. Can we just talk about how it was 84 degrees in Phoenix this week? I know that there is still plenty of Arizona summer left to be had, but it was a nice change of pace to not see triple digits, and get to see some rain and cooler temperatures for a day or two. The second the weather drops I start craving all the things pumpkin, and fall, and cozy. Sometimes we even crank down the air in the house so we can wear blankets and sweatshirts on the couch (we're really normal, I promise). Today's BBQ chicken version of mac and cheese just screams comfort, with all the smokiness from the BBQ  sauce, and the creamy sauce. Plus, I have to let you in on a little secret. I am not one for leftovers. Like, I don't even own a microwave. I like my food best when it's freshly prepared. But, we had a little bit of this leftover, and I ate it. Cold. Out of the fridge. And I loved it. I don't even know myself anymore.


BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz. pasta noodles, cooked according to box directions
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 cup broth
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups shredded chicken 
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
In a a medium pot, bring the broth to a simmer, then add in the cream cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese melts into the broth and becomes smooth. Season with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.

Add in the chicken and BBQ sauce to the sauce. Add the cooked noodles to the BBQ chicken cheese sauce and toss until the noodles are covered. Serve in bowls and top with fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014