photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Blackberry Honey Mustard


 Mustard has always held a special place in my heart as far as condiments go. Growing up I was an extremely picky eater (cue your freak out when I remind you that I did not eat cheese until the age of 25), but even though almost all of my food was ordered or made "plain", I slowly began putting mustard on things. It was just about the only thing my parents could get me not to scrape off of my hamburger. As I got older my taste changed, but yellow mustard was still the topping of choice, specifically on hot dogs. Then came dijon, whole grain, spicy, honey. Basically, give me all the mustard, is what I am trying to say. As I was flipping through yet another magazine, seeing as I am basically a hoarder, I came across a blackberry honey mustard and I knew I had to try it. It's tangy. It's sweet. And it paid great compliment to our brown sugar pulled pork sandwiches (recipe will be posted tomorrow). 


Blackberry Honey Mustard

Ingredients :
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 6-oz. package fresh blackberries 
  • 1/4 cup honey 
  • 3 tbsp. dijon mustard 
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice 
  • pinch of salt 
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Place the sugar and blackberries in a small sauce pan and cook, mashing with a wooden spoon or potato masher,  for about 3 minutes.

Strain the blackberries through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the seeds and pour the juice into a blender or food processor.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil. Turn on the blender and puree, slowly drizzle the olive oil in a steady stream.

Once the olive oil has been combined, cover tightly and place the mustard in the fridge for at least an hour, or over night, until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014