photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich


While I may not always love working on weekends, I love being able to have weekdays off to make my fiance a hearty breakfast. Sometimes I take requests, and other times I just full on surprise him. This breakfast sandwich was one of my finer AM creations, leaving no possible topping left unturned in my kitchen. Runny egg + sriracha + bacon = LIFE. 

The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices bread
  • 1 tbsp. mayo
  • 1 tsp. sriracha
  • 2-3 slices tomato
  • handful of spring mix greens
  • 2 slices turkey
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 slice white american cheese
  • 2 slices applewood smoked bacon
Cook bacon, whether you fry is or bake it; this should be done first. Once the bacon is almost done cooking, poach your egg. I just got these amazing egg poachers from Crate & Barrel from my matron of honor, and they are life changing. 


Remove cooked bacon and poached egg from heat. Toast the bread until golden. Spread the mayo and sriacha on one slice of bread. Place the cheese on the other slice. Pile the tomato, lettuce, turkey, bacon and egg on top of the cheese. Close the sandwich with the mayo spread side. Cut in half and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014