photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Everything Pigs in a Blanket


Although the title of my blog may imply that this, Hot Dog it's a Food Blog, is in fact a blog dedicated to hot dogs, however, you will soon come to find out that it is not. Disappointed? Probably. But a catchy name? Definitely. Though my love for hot dogs may not be abundantly shown through recipes, it can be seen throughout my life. For instance, my birthday and valentine's day are a week apart and my fiance bought me hot dog greeting cards for both. I am also extremely picky and somewhat of a snob when it comes to hot dogs. NO KETCHUP. Period. Niman Ranch brand is preferred. And I love a good steamed poppy seed bun.

I served a  miniature version of my favorite food group this past weekend at our engagement party and they were a hit. Serve these up with a few different dipping sauces and see what fun combinations your guests can come up with. I am also taking a minute to wish my handsome, beard-yielding, generous, sweet-talking fiance. I would be nothing without you. I dedicate this blog, to you. 


Everything Pigs in a Blanket

Ingredient:
  • 1 package all-beef cocktail wieners
  • 1 ball pizza dough
  • non-stick cooking spray
  • 1 tsp. poppy seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
  • 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile mix together the poppy seeds, garlic, onion, sesame seeds, and salt. Tear off a piece of dough from the ball, about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch in size. Roll the dough out into a rope about 2-3 inches long. Wrap the dough around a cocktail wiener and place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Continue this until all of the wieners are wrapped in dough.

Spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with your "everything" mix. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve warm with your favorite condiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014