photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Sunday, February 22, 2015

HDFB Weekend Recap: Birthday Celebrations

This weekend was every bit of perfection in my eyes. Starting Thursday night, our house was full of visitors including Andrew's sister from Indiana and my two girlfriends from Iowa. Lucky Andrew was surrounded by beautiful women non-stop. Friday we kicked the weekend off with beers and a light lunch on the patio at Culinary Dropout in Scottsdale followed by some window shopping for the girls. Friday night we got take out from one of favorite spots, which you may remember from my Take Out post here, The Stand. We delivered burgers and a bottle of wine to my best friend and her husband who are settling back into their home after just giving birth to a baby girl on Tuesday! Making sure not to overstay our welcome, we headed out early and finished up the night with more wine and a round of Cards Against Humanity.


As if Friday wasn't perfect enough, we left Andrew at home on Saturday and headed out wedding dress shopping for our wedding next year!!! Me, my mom, and 6 of my closest girlfriends spent the afternoon playing life-size barbie dress up. From there we sat on one of my favorite patios in Phoenix, at OHSO and snacked on small lunch plates and had a couple local beers. Saturday night was spent with more of my favorite people where we dined on delicious tacos, nachos, and margaritas at local hot spot, Diego Pops. While I didn't quite make it out til midnight, I believe I actually celebrated my turning of 28 in the backseat of a car on the drive home.





Sunday was my actual birthday, and boy did I get spoiled! We slept in (which is a foreign concept to me), and then my babe made breakfast for the house full of girls. My best friend showed up not only with her adorable new baby, but with my favorite donuts in hand! In the afternoon Andrew and his sister took me to the botanical gardens where we will be married next year and enjoyed the perfect weather. We closed down the day with some takeout pizza, Dairy Queen blizzards, couch snuggles, and the Oscars. All in all it was one of the best weekends I could have asked for. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing friends and family, and 28 is going to be the best year yet!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014