- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, discard stems
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stem discarded
- salt and pepper
- 1 28-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
Remove the pot from the heat and add the cooked onion mixture to a large blender along with the can of tomato sauce. Blend until smooth. Pour tomato sauce mixture back into soup pot and add in the can of crushed tomatoes.
Cook on low, simmering for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature before storing in an airtight container in the fridge, or freezing in batches.