photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Honey Mustard & Panko Crusted Salmon

I want to take a quick moment this morning to thank all of those men and women, past, present, and future who risk their lives for the better good of our country. A special shout out going to my own little brother. The person that I look up to in so many ways. And not just because you are taller than me. Happy Veteran's Day Stuart! I hope you take advantage of those free meals in Virginia and a big huge virtual hug to you from Arizona!

(Throwback Tuesday? Circa 2010)


26 days until Andrew and I leave for Hawaii, but whose counting? That being said, I have 26 days to log as many miles as I can and be bikini ready for a week of fun in the sun. I'll be thinking about all of you in the colder climates while I sip sneaky tikis on a sunset boat cruise. But one thing I won't do to get bikini ready is to sacrifice flavor while making healthy dinner options. This salmon includes minimal ingredients, but maximizes on flavor. Plus, the panko bread crumbs are an added bonus of crunch, making this one of my favorite salmon recipes to date (always trying to out do myself). 

Honey Mustard & Panko Crusted Salmon

Ingredients:
  • 1 large salmon fillet, or 4 small fillets 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1 garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a rimmed baking dish with tin foil and place salmon fillet/s skin side down. Whisk together the mustard, honey, syrup, and garlic in a small bowl. In another small bowl whisk together the panko bread crumbs and the parsley.  Pour the honey mustard evenly over the salmon and the firmly press the panko mixture on top, which will adhere nicely to the honey mustard.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes for a single large fillet (9 minutes per 8 oz. of fish), or 10-12 minutes for individual fillets until opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Feel free to cook longer for desired doneness. 

Remove skin after cooking and serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014