photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cran-bernet Sauce


This Thanksgiving. Coming to a kitchen near you. Cranberries meet Cabernet. Leading up to a day dedicated to eating excessive amounts of food, I will be posting lots of traditional recipes with non-traditional twists.



But before I do, I have to take a minute to brag (totally modest, right?). I have been preparing for these Thanksgiving recipes for weeks now, and have been obsessing over getting a DSLR camera for months. Taking pictures of food on my smartphone has made the cut over the years, but a camera has been on my wish list for awhile now. I came home from my fist day back to work last after being gone in Napa for the weekend, and my boyfriend let me know that he may have broken something in the washing machine. He asked me to come take a look (like I could have done anything to fix it, ha), and when I went out to the garage, there was a shiny brand new Nikon D3200 camera sitting on the washer. After a few happy tears and some "are you serious?!" statements, I was able to collect myself and carefully assemble now the most precious thing in my possession. The camera is an early Christmas present, since Andrew knew that I was really excited about all of the Thanksgiving pictures and recipes, as well as our upcoming trip to Hawaii, so he wanted me to be able to learn the ins and out of the camera before our trip. Isn't he just the sweetest? So in honor of breaking in the camera (name: TBD), these are the first pictures taken on it, and many thousands to come.


Brag time over. Back to the star of the show. Cran-bernet sauce. While this simmers on your stove, prepare for your house to be filled with the most magical scent ever. Plus, it's not only great on it's own, but amazing atop cheesecake. Double win.



Cran-bernet Sauce
Makes 24 ounces

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz. cranberries
  • 12 oz. frozen wild blueberries
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 cups cabernet (or fave red wine)
  • 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
  • 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
Heat all ingredients in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook until thickened for about an hour. Allow to cool to room temperature before placing in an airtight container or jar. Serve cold. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you new camera!!! So exciting!! These pics look amaze (per the usual), and putting wine into food is the best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014