photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, October 3, 2014

Pumpkin Beer Bread


Do you see a pattern on my blog lately? Everything seems to be either pumpkin-themed, recipes from Seriously Delish, or pizza. And I ain't mad about it. I only cook what I like to eat, because this blog is essentially my lifetime go-to cookbook. So, in my pumpkin-Seriously Delish-pizza phase, comes this incredible beer bread that I created, full of pumpkin flavor from not one pumpkin base, but three. Pumpkin ale, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice all go into this bread recipe, which I found to be delicious when used as sandwich bread (if you follow me in instagram, you'll remember my BLT) as well as toasting it with a little butter and/or apple butter. After the move I rediscovered my bread maker, and I can assure you that it will be getting some serous usage over these next few months after this success! 


Pumpkin Beer Bread

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/8 cup pumpkin ale
  • 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 3 1/2 cups bread flour
  • scant 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 package highly active yeast

Place all ingredients into you bread maker as instructed. You'll want your crust setting to be medium. Once cooked, allow to cool slightly before removing from bread maker, slicing, and devouring!

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkin and I love beer, and this may actually be a way for me to get to have some beer during this pregnancy! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014