photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, June 2, 2014

Strawberry Watermelon Juice


You guys. I have a confession to make. While normally I keep my blog mostly about food, and only a little about my personal life, I just had to share and give some big kudos to my boyfriend. To say I've been a little stressed since we put my house up for sale is the understatement of the century. And no matter what little thing sets me off, Andrew is always there reminding me that we can get through anything together. How is he so calm all of the time? I must find out his secret. But after worrying day after day about my roof top deck that needed painting, and getting quotes for upwards of $800, I came home Friday afternoon to find that he had gone up and painted it himself. I could have cried. It really took the biggest weight off of my shoulder and allowed me to really let loose and play a mean game of Cards Against Humanity with friends that night. We won't even go there. We have the sickest senses of humor. But I guess what I am trying to say is that I am so lucky and so thankful, and just had to give credit where credit is due. Now, on to food!

Today's recipe is a 2-parter! On a recent trip to the store I found both strawberries and watermelon for under $1 each! If you need tips on how to navigate your way through the grocery store, be sure to check out my pointer's on tackling the grocery store here. I headed home and proceeded to juice 1/2 of my watermelon and 1 of the 4 pints of strawberries that I picked up. Seeing as it is reaching 108 degrees here in Phoenix already I needed a nice cool juice to keep me refreshed. Since this recipe ended up making more juice than I could have drank in 1 day, I decided to add it into a slushie, which I will post tomorrow! (hint: the only extra ingredient you need is coconut water for tomorrow's recipe)

Strawberry Watermelon Juice

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 watermelon, rind removed
  • 1 pint strawberries, greens removed
  • 1/2 cucumber

Wash the strawberries and cucumber well before juicing. Run the produce through your juicer in order according to your machine's protocol. 

Makes about 3 cups of juice.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds both delicious and refreshing. And your bf sounds like a keeper. The kind of boyfriend you keep, that is, not to be confused with the Quidditch position in which they guard the three goal posts from bein scored upon...

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014