photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, May 30, 2014

Fresh Summer Corn Pizza


Summertime reminds me of how much I really wish I had a grill. And as much as I am tempted to go out and buy one, I remind myself, A) I live in a 3-story townhouse, so I would have to carry it up 3 flights of stairs to the rooftop desk, or B) I'd have to cook on it in my driveway, which the neighbors don't need to see because I usually am a cooking disaster (i.e. hair's a mess, clothes a mess, sweating, running around like a crazy person). So then I move past the grill idea for about a day until I am tempted to buy one again. This summer pizza recipe would be so perfect if it were cooked on a grill, so if you have one I highly suggest you do that. For two reasons, 1) you will get that amazing grilled flavor, and 2) you won't heat your house up to 385 degrees in the middle of summer. But seriously, this pizza is so light and refreshing with the sweet corn and the basil. Plus, it has goat cheese, and goat cheese makes everything taste better!


Fresh Summer Corn Pizza

Ingredients:

  • 1 ball of pre-made pizza dough
  • corn meal & flour for dusting
  • 3 tbsp. tomato sauce
  • salt and red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 ear sweet corn, kernels cut from the cob
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
  • freshly chopped basil leaves
Preheat oven to 385 degrees F. Flour your work surface and roll out the dough into a large thin round. 

Sprinkle corn meal on your pizza stone or baking sheet. Place the dough round on the sheet. Lightly spread the tomato sauce around the pizza. Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes and then top with the shredded mozzarella.

Cover the pizza with the corn and halved tomatoes. Lastly, top with the crumbled goat cheese and place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is medium brown and the cheese is bubbly.

Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing. Top with torn basil leaves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014