photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spicy Peanut Butter Jalapeno Sliders


I want to start today's post off by thanking each and every one of you who comes by and reads my blog. Cooking is something that I truly enjoy doing, and I'm positive that my boyfriend loves reaping the rewards. I have been nominated as a finalist in the Battle of the Blogs contest hosted by AZ Foothills, and I would be ever so honored if you would vote for me. The number of votes is unlimited, and the contest runs through July 28th, so please feel free to take moment and vote. Then vote again! 

http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/battle-of-the-blogs.html

A few weeks ago we went to dinner with some friends where they proceeded to tell us about their recent burger expedition: the PB &J burger. And they ate it two days in a row because of the cravings. I was intrigued by how an elementary PB&J could become such a sweet and savory adult dish. But wonder no more because I have created my own version. I wasn't bold enough to put the jelly on it just yet, but the peanut butter is a good start. It's really not as weird as it sounds. I promise. After the first bite, I waited for my boyfriend's reaction, and it went surprisingly well! While these may not be a weekly dinner staple, I will definitely be serving these up again soon!

Spicy Peanut Butter Jalapeño Sliders
Makes 5 sliders

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 tbsp. sriracha
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 5 slider-sized pretzel buns, halved
  • 5 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 10 slices, bacon, cooked and halved
  • 5 slices pepper jack cheese (optional)
  • 1 jalapeño, sliced
  • 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil

First we will make some caramelized onions. Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add in the sliced onions. Cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are soft. Set aside until ready to assemble the burgers.

In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, sriracha, salt, and pepper. Form into 5 slider-sized patties and heat the grill or grill pan over high heat. Cook on each side for 2 minutes for medium. Cook longer for well done.

Once you flip the sliders over to the second side, add a slice of cheese to each slider if you prefer. Also, add the halved pretzel buns and cook until warned through and they have good grill marks. 

To serve, place a tablespoon of peanut butter on the bottom of each bun. Top with the burger, then some caramelized onions, 2 bacon halves, and some jalapeño sliced. Top with the other half of the bun and serve hot.


 These would also pair well with some candied jalapeños for added sweetness!

2 comments:

  1. oh the first time I visit your page I'm rewarded with finding a rendition on our beloved PBJ&S burgers! Wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014