photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Coconut Mango Banana Smoothie


All winter long I listened to every one complain about their crazy snow storms and being trapped inside without heat or electricity, or having to walk to work uphill both ways, etc, etc, etc. But now the tables have turned, and while you are all enjoying your beautiful 80 degree, flower blooming, lake side summer holidays, I am baking away in this 110 degree oven that we call Phoenix. But I have found a way to beat the heat and pretend like I am in a tropical paradise, pool side, with a cabana boy fanning me with palm leaves and misting me with cool water. This smoothie. Coconut, mango,and banana is all the makings of a pina colada. You can even add some rum. I won't tell!

Coconut Mango Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana, sliced and frozen
  • 1 mango, pitted and chopped
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
  • 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1/2 tbsp. ground flax seed
  • 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for topping
Add all ingredients into the blender and whirl until smooth. Top with some more coconut flakes and serve cold. 

1 comment:

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014