Cinco de Mayo is quickly approaching us, so in honor of the ever so festive holiday, I bring you this amazingly fresh salsa recipe that I promise no one else will be bringing to the party... unless they follow HDFB of course! This "salsa" is more of a hybrid love child between pico de gallo, and guacamole; which brings us to the middle ground place called salsa. Freshly chopped mango, kiwi, and avocado get a spicy kick from freshly minced jalapeno, and cooled down by the cucumber. It's basically the greatest little party on a chip. Plus, you can chase it with tequila, right?
Mango, Kiwi, Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango, pitted, skin removed, and chopped
- 1 kiwi, skin removed, and chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, chopped
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips for serving
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well to combine. Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve cold with tortilla chips, or on top of some grilled chicken or fish, or tacos, the list could go on and on!