photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Avocado Citrus Dressing


Well hello, and welcome to the new and improved HDFB site (part 2). An amazing friend of mine, and fellow blogger, helped me re-vamp the site, since we all know by now that it is a miracle that I even know how to use a computer, let alone run a blog. I think it is so much cleaner, easier to navigate, and did you see my picture on the side? It's probably not that exciting to you, but it is to me, so I am forcing you all to celebrate with me! I've now got an About Me section, an advertising space, Take-Out, and Tuesday Tips! And to go along with this fresh new set up I got, my boyfriend (and amazing sous chef) suggested that I throw in some fun hot dog facts to add a little something extra. My first little known fact? Did you know that the first words that Mickey Mouse ever uttered in a cartoon was "hot dogs"? All cartoons were silent up until 1929, when he finally spoke in "The Karnival Kid". Thanks for the fun fact Google! 

Also, to go with my new site, I am posting a 2-part recipe. Today I will teach you how to make a creamy and fresh-tasting avocado salad dressing, and tomorrow I will teach you how to make the spring chicken salad that I served it with!


Avocado Citrus Dressing

Ingredients:
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 garlic clove, smashed
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

Add all of your ingredients into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy. Keep cold in the fridge until ready to use. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014