photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw


Okay. So. Remember when my boyfriend spoiled me with goodies from the local farmer's market while I was stuck in the office last week? Mangoes, pears, blackberries, spinach, and brussels sprouts to name a few. I'm one lucky girl! After basically drooling over this recipe for a few days, I knew I had to have it. And you know what? I. CAN'T. STOP. EATING. IT. Like can't. It's perfectly light, but the cheese deepends the flavor, and makes for a perfect lunch or side salad. This year started off with my new obsession with beets, and now brussels? Who am I? I don't even know, but I love it! 

Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. brussels sprouts
  • 1/3 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
  • 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Honey Mustard Dressing
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Prepare the brussels sprouts by cutting off the end stems and then removing any outer leaves that have begun to brown. Shred the brussels in a food processor using the slicing blade and the plastic pusher. If you don't have a food processor, use a very sharp chefs knife and slice them as thinly as possible, then give them a couple of extra chops at the end just to make sure they are slim enough to absorb the delicious dressing.


Put the shredded brussels in a serving bowl with the almonds, cranberries, and parmesan. Set aside.


In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, and salt.

Toss the dressing with the brussels mixture and enjoy! Can be made a day ahead and stored in the fridge before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014