- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground meat (I used Venison, but feel free to use beef, turkey, sausage, or chicken)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 28-oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or heavy cream)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 box spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon for topping (Optional; I had leftover from breakfast)
Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the ground meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, as the meat cooks and turns from pink to brown (about 5-7 minutes).
Stir in the garlic, chipotle, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for one more minute. Pour in the red wine to deglaze the pan, scrapping up any browned bits off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, stirrong occasioanlly for 20 minutes.
Add the greek yogurt and simmer for another 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
Serve atop the spaghetti and top with freshly grated cheese and crumbled bacon.